Post by Admin on Dec 23, 2013 19:32:06 GMT
Welcome to BWI! This guide was designed with new and potential members in mind, meant to help anyone feeling lost or unsure where to go next, especially people unfamiliar with forum roleplay. Follow along the steps to get yourself on track, and if you still have questions, feel free to make a new thread in the Comment Box ask someone in the shoutbox below.
- First, read up on the Setting and Rules to learn about the site. If you're curious what you're allowed to play as, you can also check the species list and study your options ahead of time.
- If everything looks good to you, make an account! There should be a "Register" link underneath the banner. Email verification is not necessary, although it is recommended, especially in case you forget your password.
If you're non-binary or don't want to pick "male" or "female", you can edit your profile after account creation and go to the "privacy" tab to hide the gender you picked. Then go to the "personal" tab and scroll down to find a drop-down box where you can indicate your pronouns. Contact the staff if you would like a pronoun set that has not been provided.
If you want to change your avatar, you can upload one of your own, or you can also use one of the forum avatars, available if you go to edit your profile.
- Now it's time to create a character. If you haven't already, now would be a good time to check what sorts of beings there are to choose from. You can also browse the Character Idea Bin to get ideas. Then fill out the Bio Form and post a new thread for your character in the Pending board.
- To make a new thread, just look at the top of a board, beneath the banner and the navigation pane but above the board's current threads. There should be a button on the right that says "create thread". Click that, and you're on your way.
- After that, you'll have to wait on the staff to approve your character. You'll be allowed to roleplay with your new character once their bio has been moved to the Accepted board. In the mean time, why not head over to General Chat and say hello?
- You can also make your own thread in the Profiles board if you like and start making the place your own. There are no rules on what you have to include, but you might think about putting links to all your character's bios and making notes about who they've met, who their friends are, who their enemies are, and so on.
You can also make ooc notes about interaction suggestions -- for example, is your vampire hunter looking for a vampire to fight? Does your goblin or lycan have an item for sale that might interest the nymphs? Is your unafflicted human a little too curious about lycans for their own good? Say so in your profile, and then anyone browsing the board will have a better idea of which of their characters should meet yours.