Post by Admin on Dec 19, 2013 3:26:46 GMT
T H E
R U L E S
R U L E S
- One account per player. You do not need to make another account if you're making another character. Please set your display name to whatever you'd like us to refer to you as.
- Right now, there is no limit on how many characters you can have.
- Before you begin using a character here, you need to fill out the bio form and post it as a new thread in the Pending board. When your character's bio has been moved to Accepted, that means you can begin to roleplay with them in the main boards.
- If you'll be going away for a while and want to let us know you'll be back, you can make a thread in the Absences board, and your account will be safe. Accounts that have been inactive for over a month, without any notification in the Absences board, will be deleted.
- This site aims to be a safe space for all LGBTA+ identities, PoC, mentally ill people, and anyone else in need of that reassurance. The staff do police the site actively to the extent that they can, and complaints in regard to these matters will be handled with due seriousness.
- In the main roleplay threads, make sure to use correct capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Occasional mistakes are acceptable, but correct them when you notice them. We welcome beginner roleplayers as long as they make an effort.
- All in-character roleplay posts need to meet a minimum wordcount of 100 words, but if you're an experienced roleplayer, more is encouraged.
- Standard roleplaying ettiquite applies. Don't make your character perfect and all-powerful, ooc knowledge is not the same as in-character knowledge, etc. The role play here should be written in past-tense, third person narration format. Out of common courtesy, please don't use font colors that are hard to read.
- You do not get to determine what happens to other people's characters. If your character launches an attack, don't keep writing onward with the assumption that the attack was successful. Give the other player the chance to decide whether their character would successfully dodge. However, to be fair, an opponent can't keep dodging forever, and if you encounter a problem with a character being played as invincible, please contact the staff.
- If an in-character fight escalates, consult with the other player about whether both characters will survive, and if your character might kill the other, acquire some form of permission first. If you are on the receiving end of a kill request, be realistic about the situation your character is in and what they are capable of. Reread the species and condition threads if necessary.
Killing NPCs (non-player characters) is also permitted, but be reasonable about what would draw attention.
In either case, in-character actions will have in-character consequences.
- General cusswords are permitted, but slurs such as n*****, f****t, g***y, and t****y will be censored.
- As long as you're adhering to the fighting rules, description of violence is permitted. Just make sure you're being realistic in terms of the world you're working with.
- Characters screwing other characters is also permitted, but pregnancy has to be agreed upon by the players of both parties involved. Also keep in mind that vampires are dead and cannot impregnate anyone, and no matter the context, the sensitivity issues of various beings will still apply.